3PB's Construction Barristers provide advice and dispute resolution in all claims in the construction, engineering and technology sectors.
- contractual claims
- non-contractual claims (negligence, restitution and other breaches of duty)
- claims arising under statute (e.g. Defective Premises Act 1972; Building Act 1984 and Building Regulations; Occupiers’ Liability Acts; Construction Design and Management Regulations).
For more information, please click on a barrister's profile, or contact our Practice Director, Stephen Evers (firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7583 8055).
Our experience extends from very large international projects valued in billions, through to all types of domestic construction projects. Our barristers have a broad range of experience from construction, engineering, MEP (mechanical, electrical & plumbing), EPC (engineering, procurement & construction), process plants, power generation, renewable energy, infrastructure, airports, sports stadia, to name just some.
A selection of our group's past projects includes these, and many more:
- Energy. A US$2 billion Combined Cycle power and desalination plant in the Middle East.
- Transport / Airports. A number of airports including Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Oslo, Athens, and Heathrow T5.
- Infrastructure. A bridge project in Bulgaria, and other infrastructure projects in the Caribbean, London 2012, Crossrail, an International Arbitration in the Caribbean, an ICC Arbitration of a desalination plant in Saudi Arabia.
What the legal directories say about us
Our services and client care have been recognised by the legal directories. Legal 500 Bar Directory 2015: Ranked as a leading junior at the Bar, Stuart Kennedy "knows construction inside out." Chambers & Partners UK Bar Guide 2014: Ranked in band 1 for Commercial Dispute Resolution in the South East. Our clerks are "very responsive and they have always found a barrister to assist me when the matter is urgent". Legal 500 Bar Directory 2014: Ranked as a leading set (tier 2) for Construction, Planning and Environment in the Western Circuit. Stuart Kennedy is "a keen, knowledgeable barrister". Paul Newman is "very personable and always understands what is required of him". Graeme Sampson "has expertise in a wide range of building and engineering disputes".
Choosing the right barrister
You can select the barristers most qualified to deal with your case by:
1. Speaking with one of our practice managers. Whether you are a legal professional, or a member of the public, we recommend that you ring us. We will discuss the nature of your case, and suggest barristers of appropriate seniority and experience to deal with it.
2. Browsing by seniority. Alternatively, our barristers are listed in the right-hand column headed “Barristers”, in descending order of seniority.
3. Direct Public Access (instructions from members of the public). Most barristers can only accept instructions through referrals by a professional lawyer (a solicitor, in-house lawyer or overseas-regulated lawyer). However, a number of our Construction barristers are also qualified to accept instructions directly from members of the public under the ‘direct access’ scheme, and are identified above by the use of “Direct”. Not all cases are appropriate for direct access instructions. Please ring us, and we will guide you.