3PB Barristers' Commercial & Business Law Group brings you the Spring Edition of its Business & Commercial Legal Update Handout.
20th March 2017
- Incomplete contracts and implied terms: Wells v. Devani  EWCA Civ 1106
- Directions that override limitation provisions, when restoring a company to the register: Davy v Pickering  EWCA Civ 30
- Contract: remedies and loss of chance: Scottish Power v BP and McGill v SEM
- Civil Procedure: costs and security for costs:
a. departing from costs budgets
b. proportionality of costs
c. security for costs
- Insurance: declining cover because of failure to comply with notification clauses: Zurich Insurance PLC v Maccaferri Ltd  EWCA Civ 1302
- Civil Procedure: limitation defences and underpaid court fees Wells v Wood 
For more information, please contact David Fielder, Business and Commercial Practice Director on 020 7583 8055.