Prior to being called to the Bar, Christopher completed an MPhil in International Relations at Oxford University and then worked and volunteered for NGOs in the UK and Cambodia. He now practises as a commercial and chancery barrister, with particular expertise in:
- Commercial disputes
- Business Entities
- Professional risk
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Trading and Business Financing
- Utilities Law
Recent and Ongoing Cases
- Dozens of claims relating to the mis-selling of IRHPs and claims under the, and arising from, the FCA redress scheme.
- Mortgage possession case on behalf of mortgagor involving claims of mis-selling, economic duress and misrepresentation by mortgagee.
- Advising in respect of solicitors’ negligence in failing to issue by limitation date. Issues of legal and equitable assignment of cause of action.
- Advising in respect of solicitors’ negligence in failing to issue against financial advisor rather than mortgage company in respect of mortgage mis-selling claim.
- Advising in respect of limitation in relation to a bank’s failure to carry out an annual review of interest rates in a fixed term mortgage.
- Advising and drafting in respect of enforcement of a legal charge given by a third party guarantor to a company’s debts. Issues of interpretation of the charge and knowledge of the guarantor
- Advising and drafting in respect of a High Court claim arising out of loans to a property development company by a private bank. Issues of economic duress and conduct by the bank.
- Advising and drafting in respect of a claim by a professional indemnity insurer against a solicitor for failure to notify. Issues of interpretation of the insurance documents and limitation.
- Representing creditor in personal loan recovery action. Whether payments were loan or gift. Incapacity of Defendant and its effect on evidence and conduct of trial. Subsequent order for sale again raising issues of capacity
- 4 day boundary dispute involving witness evidence going back 50 years as well as expert and stereoscopic photographic evidence. Interpretation of conveyances, adverse possession, demarcating boundaries by agreement.
- Representing taxpayer in business rates dispute. Whether landlord or tenant was in occupation of rented property.
- Representing guarantors under claim for monies due under a personal guarantee arising from hire purchase and hire contracts. Penalty clauses and automatic termination. Interpretation of damages clause in agreements.