Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
Edward receives instructions on behalf of both claimants and defendants in the following areas:
Road traffic accidents
Edward is instructed to appear at interim and final hearings in claims involving fraud, credit hire, complex personal injury and issues of causation.
He regularly attends Stage 3 MOJ hearings and interim hearings regarding MOJ portal rules e.g. premature issue, portal fallout/removal and suitability of Part 7 or 8.
Employers’ liability/Industrial disease
- Claims involving a multitude of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Prior to the Bar he worked abroad and for a top tier UK Solicitors assisting in a range of industrial disease claims including deafness, RSI, respiratory diseases and leptospirosis.
- In particular claims arising from exposure to asbestos including the drafting of counter-schedules in complex mesothelioma claims, attending interim hearings in the High Court, advising on causation and issues such as apportioning liability and historical claims.
- Edward has represented clients at inquests involving road traffic accidents, suspected suicide, suspected failings by healthcare professionals and industrial disease.
Edward studied clinical negligence at undergraduate and postgraduate level. He is keen to increase his instructions in this area.
- Fatal accidents
- Occupiers’ liability
- Product liability
- Animals Act
- Package Travel Regulations
Edward compliments a busy court practice with advice on liability, quantum, procedure and tactics, and drafting court documents, in all of the above areas. He is happy to consider work on a Conditional Fee basis in appropriate cases.
Recent cases of interest include advising on quantum in a claim for personal injury arising from multiple insect bites, a claim involving allegations of a ‘phantom’ policy holder in a road traffic accident and, on a pro bono basis, successfully setting aside a default judgment and advising generally in a claim for personal injury arising from alleged historical sex abuse.