Elisabeth Hudson specialises in all aspects of family law. She carries out both private and publicly funded work. Elisabeth is experienced in Children Act work, both public and private, and has also acted in a number of cases brought under the Hague Convention involving the return of children to and from Australia, USA and Zimbabwe. She is also experienced in large money cases involving, for example, farms and assets abroad. She also deals with cases brought under TLATA 1996, the Inheritance Act 1975 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
Elisabeth is qualified to accept client instructions under the Public Access Scheme.
Elisabeth has been involved in the following reported cases:
- Re M (Minors) (Residence Order: Jurisdiction)  1 F.L.R 495
- Re S (Contact: Evidence)  1 F.L.R 798
- Re W (Care proceedings: Witness anonymity) Court of Appeal  1 F.L.R 329
- Re F (Shared residence order) Court of Appeal  2 F.L.R 397
- P v South Gloucestershire Council Court of Appeal, The Times Law Reports, 1st February 2007
- M (Children)  EWCA Civ 1573
- Renewed application by father for permission to appeal finding that he had stabbed the children’s mother. Application allowed
A keen horse rider competing under BSJA rules; from 2006 to date her horses have competed at the Horse of the Year Show, Royal Windsor Horse Show, at Hickstead and in Europe. Elisabeth enjoys playing the piano and breeds and shows a wide variety of livestock.
Elisabeth is happy to travel to any of our centres. She is available to give informal updating lectures to solicitors by arrangement through her clerks.