Geraint Jones QC
Property & Chancery
Geraint's chancery work includes real property, mortgages, trusts, company, insolvency and partnership litigation.
Reported decisions include:
- County Leasing Management Ltd v Hawkes  BCC 102.
- Romasave (property Services) Ltd v HMRC  STC 1
- Brendan Barnes (B.D.O.) v Eastenders plc v C.P.S.  UKSC 26.
- Brendan Barnes (B.D.O.) v Eastenders plc v C.P.S.  1 WLR 1494
- Eastenders plc v H.M.R.C.  1 WLR 1494 (statutory construction CEMA’79).
- Eastenders Cash & Carry Ltd v H.M.R.C. (2011) UKFTT 25 (TC).
- R v H.M.R.C. ex parte Eastenders Cash & Carry Ltd (2011) 1 WLR 488.
- Goldberg v Foster Squires  EWHC 450 - partners liable for fraud of a partner.
- Carter v Cole (2009) 33 E.G. 66 (derogation from grant).
- Greening & Sykes Ltd v Nelson & Hanley The Times 22/1/08 (status of intervening bare trustee).
- Nelson v Clearsprings Management Ltd (2007) 1 WLR 962
- Awoyomi v Radford (2007) EWHC 1671 (retrospectivity of Hall v Simons).
- HSS Hire Services PLC v BMB Builders Merchants Ltd (2005) EWCA Civ 627 (costs to be reserved until damages assessed where there was a split trial and a payment in had been made).
- Clowes Developments Ltd v Walters (2005) 17 EG 123 (adverse possession).
- Mercantile & Credit plc v Marks (2005) Ch 81, (2004) 3 WLR 489 (sub-charges)
- Richardson v Howie (2004) EWCA Civ 1127 (aggravated damages for assault abolished).
- Alpha Lettings Ltd v Neptune Research & Development Inc (2003) EWCA Civ 704 (period of notice to terminate an exclusive distributorship agreement).
- White v Chubb (2002) 1 P&CR Digest 22.
- UCB v Williams (2002) 2 P&CR Digest 33 (C/A : BCCI v Aboody not followed on causation in actual undue influence cases).
- Havenledge v Graeme John & Ptnrs (2001) PNLR.
- Ford v GKR Construction (2000) 1 WLR 1097.
- Formerly junior counsel of choice for Solicitors’ Indemnity Fund for South Wales area (real property/conveyancing matters).
- Advisory and advocacy work for The Environment Agency & Dept the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Advisory and advocacy work for Sony (U.K.) Ltd ; Texaco plc ; Associated British Ports ; Templar Properties Ltd ; Eagle Star (Axa) ; Land Authority for Wales.
- Advisory and advocacy work for numerous local authorities.
- Litigation relating to all aspects of real property disputes, mortgages and trusts.
- Advising upon & drafting standard contractual conditions for trade association members.
- Leading counsel in multi-million pound commercial fraud case arising from the collapse of the Versailles Group.