Business & Commercial Law
Ian Partridge practises principally in commercial and chancery/property work.
Ian was nominated by Jacky Sellars of LawWorks for the Bar Pro Bono award of 2010. Pro Bono client Jassy Walsh said "Ian Partridge has not only renewed my faith in the legal system but also in people".
Contract (commercial) with particular emphasis on sale of goods and contracts of surety. Commercial chancery work, such as:
- Partnerships and joint ventures,
- Accounts and inquiries,
- Breach of directors' duties,
- Contracts of surety.
Chancery and property
Chancery and property work includes:
- Real property disputes, including boundaries, easements, restrictive covenants, sales and trusts of land and landlord and tenant (both commercial and residential).
- Contentious probate, interpretation of wills, administration of estates, Inheritance Act claims.
- Interpretation of trust instruments, administration of wills trusts and life-time trusts, breach of trustees' duties and accessory liability for breach of trust.
- Implied, constructive and resulting trusts.
- Drafting of wills, trusts and deeds of variation.
He also has a basic working knowledge of the tax provisions impacting on the above.
He also undertakes general chancery and professional (especially legal) negligence work. Ian is known for the intellectual rigour he brings to bear on the most complex legal problems. His instructions frequently have a private international law aspect.