Joseph Giret QC
Business & Commercial Law
Joseph is a specialist commercial law Barrister with an emphasis on insolvency law and company law. He enjoys a formidable reputation for his civil and commercial expertise and is recognised by the Legal 500 as a leading commercial silk.
Joseph has particular experience advising and representing clients in a wide range of high value commercial disputes, breach of contract, trademark disputes and franchise agreements. His experience also extends to advising and representing legal and financial professionals in claims for liability.
Joseph welcomes instructions across the following areas:
- Company and Partnership Disputes
- Insolvency & Bankruptcy
- Trademark Disputes
- Franchise Agreements
- Professional Liability claims
Joseph frequently undertakes drafting and advisory work in multi-million pound claims including:
- A claim brought by a Hong Kong based company, in a dispute over the construction of a profit sharing contract and franchise agreement;
- High value claim by a firm of solicitors against a former partner and director for breach of fiduciary duties under both common law and statute as a company director;
- Acted for a partnership of Medical professionals in an acrimonious dispute over the terms of their partnership agreement.
In addition to the above Joseph has had the conduct of disputes with HMRC offences (VAT, Company Act and Tax issues), insider share dealings, as well as fraud, bribery and corruption allegations. Recent disputes include:
- Acting for the Defendants £1.5m claim brought before the Queens Bench Division by the HMRC in a claim for under-declared profits and siphoning off cash into property purchases. The matter was successfully resolved before commencement of a 15 day trial by negotiating a satisfactory compromise and settlement.
For further information on Joseph Giret QC please see his specialist profile pages or follow this link to his personal page.