Business & Commercial Law
- Insurance (e.g. ATE, LEI, road traffic)
- Company disputes
- Sale / Supply of Goods
- Debt Recovery
- Junior Counsel to the Crown (B panel) from September 2015
- Deputy District Judge, South Eastern Circuit (May 2015)
- Legal assessor to the General Council of Osteopaths (February 2015).
- Government Legal Department (Treasury Counsel) Regional Panel (2012)
- Inner Temple Bar Liaison Committee
- Trustee of charity Just Advocacy
- New practitioner advocacy trainer, Inner Temple
Notable cases this year
H v B - Advising to director level national care home provider. Claims for breach of contract, negligence brought by family of service user.
M v CQC - Advising care home as to appealing closure notice from Regulator.
A v C - Advising insurer as to declaration for material non-disclosure.
L v A - Appearing in trial for breach of contract, housing. £50,000 + costs.
W v BoS - Successful five day trial. High value Jaguar car unsatisfactory quality. Hire purchase, misrepresentation, implied terms, UCTA, consumer credit, exclusion clauses, right of rejection, affirmation, security for costs. Damages £100,000, costs c. £200,000
E v R - Successful 3 day trial. Directors' dispute. UCTA, contract terms, partnership, misrepresentation. Damages £150,000.
S v S - Successful 7 day trial. Breach of contract, directors' dispute. Accountancy irregularities.
G v H - Breach of contract, building work. £50,000. Settled at mediation.
G v J - Medical equipment claim. Sale and Supply of Goods, hire purchase, consumer credit, unsatisfactory quality, misrepresentation.
D v P - Breach of contract, Consumer Protection Act, faulty gym equipment causing serious injury. Settled JSM.