Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
Sharan advises both claimants and defendants in personal injury claims in the fast and multi tracks and is regularly instructed to conduct trials, disposal hearings, applications and interlocutory hearings. She holds particular expertise in occupiers’ liability and public liability claims which are reinforced by her work with local authorities, involving accidents on the roads, public areas and schools/playgrounds. She has vast experience in dealing with RTAs including LVI and fraudulent claims and claims involving the MIB.
Sharan has extensive experience in employers’ liability, product liability, psychiatric injury, Animals Act claims and industrial injuries involving chemicals. Her practice is constantly developing in claims relating to fatal and catastrophic injuries, industrial diseases and travel claims.
Cases of Interest include:
- Advising a Claimant who suffered a traumatic double amputation below the ankle and below the knee while working as a labourer and having been instructed to destroy a concrete column which was supporting a balcony overhead;
- Advising a Claimant in an action where construction material escaped from a site striking her to the head causing injuries;
- Represented a Minor in an action where she fell from a set of monkey bars while playing at school sustaining fractures to the wrist and elbow. Liability was initially denied but favourable settlement was ultimately achieved;
- Representing a Claimant in the CICA who had a significant loss of earnings claim following his inability to return to work following an assault;
- Advised a Claimant who suffered permanent scarring after being attacked by a dog. Achieved favourable settlement;
- Successfully arguing against relief from sanctions being granted in a claim where the Defendant was seeking to rely on witness evidence served two weeks late.
Sharan undertakes a range of clinical negligence work including dental negligence having advised in Claims including the fracture of tooth and bone during surgery as well as negligent placement of dental implants.
Sharan also acts for Claimants in claims against GPs and NHS Trusts. She has dealt with claims involving elective procedures such as pinnaplasty and excision of lipomata. She has recently acted for a Claimant who suffered injuries following the failure to remove equipment during childbirth.