Tonia Clark is a family law specialist in private law, including ancillary relief and Children Act applications, accepting instructions for both private and some publicly funded work. She has a particular interest in undertaking ancillary relief involving analysis of business accounts.
Tonia acts for parents in care proceedings , and has a particular interest in representing grandparents and extended family members in disputes involving children in care proceedings. She also acts for Local Authorities and for Guardians on a regular basis.
Tonia has extensive experience and continues to appear in the High Court, County Court and Family Proceedings Court.
Tonia Clark also sits as a Deputy District Judge on the Western circuit authorised to hear Children cases and is a Lawyer Chairman in the Residential Property Tribunal.
Tonia is now Direct Access accredited.
- Ancillary relief
- Children Act Schedule 1 applications
- Private residence and contact disputes, in particular those involving arguments of implacable hostility.
- Disputes relating to upbringing of a child, including in particular religious/educational issues/removal from jurisdiction.
- Child abduction in UK and overseas.
- Domestic violence including split hearings and impact on contact.
- Parents with alcohol/drug issues
- Disputed expert evidence
- Parents with psychiatric/psychological issues/mental health problems
- Contact with a child in care
- Children or parents with special needs